TEAM CALENDAR - How to prevent a user to permantly delete a calendar

Sébastien Bourbier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2013

Hello,

We are using Team Calendar.

We created some calendars.

But how we can prevent a user to permantly delete a calendar ?

Thanks,

Sébastien

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2013

Hi Sébastien,

This is a known issue which has an improvement request here. If this is an important feature for you, I encourage you to vote, comment, and watch this issue. That way you'll improve it's visiblity to developers, and get updates if they decide to implement this.

Right now the only way you would be able to prevent a user from permanently deleting a calendar would be to restrict their editing permission completely.

But I do have good news! :) Whenever someone deletes a calendar entirely, Confluence will e-mail a backup file of it to anyone who was subscribed. You can also use this backup to restore the calendar.

Cheers,

Miranda

Sébastien Bourbier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2013

Hi Miranda,

Thanks !

rere7 rere7
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 29, 2015

Hello, When i delete a Calendar, the backup file do not contents events, just a empty Calendar. Why ?

John Love October 28, 2015

It's nice that the ics file is emailed, but ics doesn't restore custom events or subscriptions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events