cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Polls/Surveys?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2011

It would be cool to offer poll/survey questions in answers.atlassian.com. For example, if I wanted to take a poll to determine the number of Confluence plugin developers there are on answers.atlassian.com vs. others and to determine whether those developers are working for an Atlassian partner organization, contracting on their own, or being paid full-time to work as plugin developers, etc.- that is not a question that I could pose here or on the mailing lists and expect to get the response I would if multiple-choice poll/survey functionality were to be provided.

I see some mention of OSQA thinking about adding it at one point here: http://meta.osqa.net/questions/112/polls-and-surveys

However, I don't know if there was follow-up/if anyone created a module for this. Has Atlassian looked into providing polls/surveys via answers? Maybe it would be a good idea for a ShipIt day?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2011

So to answer this, this hadn't been looked into yet, but is now being tracked in ANSWERS-249. Thanks, Jeremy!

Tam Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2015

The correct ticket should be https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-532

0 votes
Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2011

All of your ideas sound great to me, and thanks for creating the feature request! I didn't know if it had already been considered or it is was already available/if there was some other way of doing it or a reason it shouldn't be done. The original thing that spurred me on was to try to find out more information about the number/percentages of people on answers.atlassian.com that are doing Atlassian plugin/solution development and where they fit in- as solo contractors, working for an Atlassian partner company with others, working for the company that needs the plugins/solutions, etc.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2011

I added a feature request. If there's momentum to the idea, we'll really consider implementing it.

As for the example, I could see other ways of doing this, including enhancements like:

• A User API could do things like integrate into plugins.atlassian.com or our various other resources, allowing Answers champions to have a profile around the Atlassian sites
  • We could provide some enhancements to the user page - perhaps a user hover - that tells you what a user is interested in. That way you can follow them.
  • We can do some summary stats about who's on the site

Any thoughts about those? I know it's a bit of a digression of the main feature request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events