Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square brackets in an external URL breaks the link

Rajendra Murakonda February 5, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to include the following link in confluence. Confluence strips of the entire link. I have even tried to encode the url but without any success. If I remove the square brackets, everything works fine. So how do I solve this problem other than changing the default linking character to double brackers instead of the single bracket.

<a href="http://qualitytools/rrd/index.php?RD_COMMIT[]=&RD_COMMIT[]=Y&TARGET_RELEASE[]=IC616&MRD_ID[]=;&showTable=1&table=RRD---vs---MRD&genericFilters=;MRD_DESCRIPTION&tableMode=view&genericFieldsLeft=MRD_DESCRIPTION;;;MRD_OWNER;;;MRD_STATUS;;;PROJECT_ID&genericFieldsTop=PROJECT_NAME:L;;;STAFF_OWNER:L">Test</a>

Thanks,

Rajendra

1 answer

0 votes
ColinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

Hi,

I have the same issue with curly brackets {  } . 

I wrote a tool to automatically push content in Confluence, using the REST API. Some external links are links to Sharepoint that sometimes contains an ID between brackets. With the brackets, the external link is lost and in the final storage format I can see <a></a> link with no href attribute. If I simply remove the brackets from the external URL, then a link is correctly created.

What would be the best solution:

• Can we escape them for Confluence ? ( \{ or &#123; is not working)
  • Should we simply delete them ? (no other solution ?)

Thanks,

Colin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events