Square brackets in an external URL breaks the link

I am trying to include the following link in confluence. Confluence strips of the entire link. I have even tried to encode the url but without any success. If I remove the square brackets, everything works fine. So how do I solve this problem other than changing the default linking character to double brackers instead of the single bracket.

<a href="http://qualitytools/rrd/index.php?RD_COMMIT[]=&RD_COMMIT[]=Y&TARGET_RELEASE[]=IC616&MRD_ID[]=;&showTable=1&table=RRD---vs---MRD&genericFilters=;MRD_DESCRIPTION&tableMode=view&genericFieldsLeft=MRD_DESCRIPTION;;;MRD_OWNER;;;MRD_STATUS;;;PROJECT_ID&genericFieldsTop=PROJECT_NAME:L;;;STAFF_OWNER:L">Test</a>

1 answer

I have the same issue with curly brackets {  } . 

I wrote a tool to automatically push content in Confluence, using the REST API. Some external links are links to Sharepoint that sometimes contains an ID between brackets. With the brackets, the external link is lost and in the final storage format I can see <a></a> link with no href attribute. If I simply remove the brackets from the external URL, then a link is correctly created.

What would be the best solution:

• Can we escape them for Confluence ? ( \{ or &#123; is not working)
  • Should we simply delete them ? (no other solution ?)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

264 views 5 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot