Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree merge without commit broken in v1.6.0?

mkitek May 8, 2013

I'm using Sourcetree Version 1.6.0 (just updated) on my Mac and often merge changes to master using this settings: http://o7.no/YvUXaL

Before update all was ok, but now sourcetree automatically commit changes (the first option is not selected).

How to prevent this behavior?

2 answers

0 votes
mkitek May 8, 2013

Ok, I understand that, but why if the checkbox "Commit changes immediately (if no conflicts)" is not checked sourcetree commit changes into my working copy?

I want merge but no commit.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

I just ran through a case of this in 1.6.0.1 and couldn't reproduce it, my 'Commit changes immediately' option was unchecked and right afterwards I had an uncommitted merge state to review & commit.

Are you sure your merge wasn't just a fast-forward merge, ie no changes on the destination branch? If you're in that case you also have to check 'Create a commit even if merge resolved via fast-forward'.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hi Marcin,

SourceTree remembers what you had previously set in this dialog now. If you check that setting now and click cancel and then re-open that dialog the preference will be automatically turned on. It's just because the last time you used that dialog the checkbox was turned off.

Hope that helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events