Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree hg merge - Unknown Command error

Dylan Cuthbert October 15, 2013

Looks like the commandline formatting is wrong and mercurial is unusable with sourcetree at the moment (latest win7 version at time of writing).

The revision seems to be missing the -r prefix in the command line for hg merge and so returns with an error.

5 answers

0 votes
Dylan Cuthbert October 31, 2013

Anyone have any ideas? We are in a Japanese environment, is this causing a problem? (codepage?)

0 votes
Dylan Cuthbert October 25, 2013

Yes, actually I noticed the -r is optional so I wonder what is causing this problem?

We have largefiles and an extension to allow japanese filenames (utf8), but disabling both these extensions doesn't change the behaviour, and neither does using the internal mercurial.

We do have the more standard extensions, rebase and mq enabled, could it be one of these? They all say sourcetree internal though so I presume they are safe?

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

The '-r' is actually optional (see hg merge --help) - I don't have any issues merging with SourceTree with either the embedded or system hg. Do you have any custom extensions enabled?

0 votes
Dylan Cuthbert October 24, 2013

No response? It's impossible to use sourcetree with mercurial at the moment because of this problem.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

I've pinged Steve who'll get back to you shortly. Sorry for the delay!

0 votes
Dylan Cuthbert October 16, 2013

Here is the exact error: (with both internal mercurial or external mercurial)

hg merge -y ui.merge=internal:merge 27321

hg: unknown command '27321'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events