SourceTree Can't Commit File Deletions (Mercurial)

Aunt Jemima September 12, 2013

I'm working in Unity3D using SourceTree with Mercurial and a Bitbucket repository. Each time I delete files and attempt to commit those delitions to push to the Bitbucket repo, I receive the following error:

hg commit -y --logfile C:\Users\blah\AppData\Local\Temp\1avoxdxt.dye
nothing changed (6 missing files, see 'hg status')

I can commit file additions/modifications, however any deletions likewise do not occur, as denoted above.

I'm relatively new to VCS; is there some caveat of SourceTree or Mercurial that I'm overlooking?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi Jemima,

Perhaps you're deleting the file from the file system but not from Mercurial? Mercurial keeps an index of files. It can tell a file is 'missing', but as far as it's concerned you haven't deleted the file from your repository. You can right click on the file in SourceTree (it should have a grey icon) and hit 'Remove'. This will mark it for deletion in your index so the next time you commit it will really be removed.

Hope that helps.

Aunt Jemima September 13, 2013

That works, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events