Some users cannot log in to Confluence 4.3.1 (LDAP)

Gregg Leventhal December 9, 2013

We have LDAP setup with Read-Only with Local Groups. Users are added to confluence by making them a member of the confluence-users group. I have 2 users, who show up in the confluence user search (so they are included in the LDAP filter, and seen in the directory properly), who I have added to the confluence-users group who still get a failed login attempt when logging in with their correct LDAP credentials. I have verified this and even tried adding them to the confluence-admin group but they were still unable to login. When I test their credentials against the directory (LDAP) via the confluence admin, I get the same result as I do when I test a working user. In the logs directory on the server it seems catalina.out is the only active log. How do I get debug logging for user authentication temporarily? Version 4.3.1

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gregg Leventhal December 18, 2013

I resolved the issue and I apologize but it is not Confluence-specific. The users had old passwords in LDAP (we have a sync between AD and LDAP), but their AD password was current. I had them reset the password, then I manually forced a sync between Confluence and LDAP, which fixed the issue.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2013

no problem and good to hear that you had resolved it. Remember to mark this as your answer so other user having same issue get a reference. :)

1 vote
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2013

I think this might help which you would want to give it a try in test instance: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Debugging+LDAP+Connection+Properties

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events