Set of tools for Continuous integration and code review

Hi,

We have been using JIRA (+Agile), Git and Gitlab (for code reviews) and Jenkins (continuous integration). Considering going to cloud and fancying Atlassian products, I am preparing a plan but I am a bit confused as there are too many products - Stash, Crucible, FishEye, Bamboo, BitBucket...

Could you suggest me a combination that could replace the tools I mentioned above? E.g. is Crucible comparable to Gitlab? Is Bamboo a suitable replacement for Jenkins etc..BitBucket for Git?

For the Bamboo, how many agents do I need? I am not a build engineer so possibly I cannot estimate this well..

1 answer

1 vote

I would start with JIRA (+Agile), Stash and Bamboo. Stash is the enterprise git repository and it provide pull request based code reviews. Bamboo can do CI and has the deployment piece.

If you find Stash reviews limited, you can take a look at Crucible but since you are coming from GitLab, I would imagine Stash would suffice.

Replace Stash with Bitbucket if you are looking to do all this in Cloud!

Thanks, but why would BitBucket not be good for cloud? From what I read, it is a cloud solution as well...?

I meant to use Stash if you are looking for a solution behind the firewall and Bitbucket if the solution is on Cloud. So, Bitbucket is good for Cloud ;)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

29 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you