Send registration welcome email to newly signed-up users?

Robert Collier August 31, 2011

Hi - is there any functionality or plugin which will allow Confluence to be able to send new users a welcome e-mail with custom text and information welcoming them to the system and giving them introduction information?

3 answers

0 votes
Jim August 25, 2015

+1 on this request. Currently we send all new sign-ups a 'Welcome to Confluence' email with links to 'Getting Started' pages, but it's a manual process. We have been hiring about ten people every week for two years now, so it's a bit tedious doing this manually.

0 votes
Robert Collier August 31, 2011

Yes -- the "Getting started" tips/tricks is what I am interested in. If you know some way to do this via a script or plugin development, would appreciate it. Users like to be welcomed to a system via an e-mail with some information on how to get started with the community and introductory information to read to get up to speed.

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2011

Hi Robert,

We don't have this functionality right now. This is something, however that we are consideirng doing in the near-term. Just a question.. is the information you want to send them custom information? Or are you talking more about a "Getting started" tips/tricks equivilant?

Pres June 20, 2023

@Sherif Mansour Is this feature available ? I would like to know your insights about the same .

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2023

Sorry there is nothing built to do this yet. 

Pres June 21, 2023

@Sherif Mansour How can one resolve this    " unable to resolve class com atlassian confluence.vent.events.user ConfluenceUserCreatedEvent" i would appreciate your insight fyi i have the latest confluence 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events