Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH key restricted to repo?

gc b October 10, 2013

SSH keys are perfect when you control the private key. But sometimes you have to use that as a way to enable other systems to talk to bitbucket.

For example, if I want to use codenvy or devtable, i would have to upload a private key there, and a public key to bitbucket, so the tool can checkout code and commit for me.

But of course, i only want the tool (and its developers) to access the public repo i intend to use the tool on. Not my private repos.

My work around is to create a 'headless user' for the tool, upload the public key there, and give full permissions to it on the public repo i onw. But it would be easier for me and generate less useless accounts on bitbucket (not to mention prevent me from crossing some line in the UELA of the service) if i could restrict keys to repositories.

I know it sound like a feature request, and it probably is, but posting here in case there is a way to do that that i am overlooking.

2 answers

2 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2013

You can! This is exactly what deploy keys was mae for. Check that out and let us know in the comments if you have any other questions.

gc b October 10, 2013

But that is read only access. Both applications i listed are code editors. I want to be able to write to those repositories.

Rob Walton December 31, 2015

Hi, did you ever figure this out? I'm after the same thing.

0 votes
JH December 9, 2013

I'm also using role-based accounts for read-write purposes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events