Rounded Rectangle Macro Not Displaying Properly

Alex Valderrama March 20, 2012

21-Mar-12

Good Morning,

We're running v4.1.6 on our test environment, and plan to upgrade our production environment very soon. On our test environment (v4.1.6) when we use the 'Rounded Rectangle' macro, it does not display properly.

1) We are using a background color on our page.

2) We only have three themes installed: 'Documentation', 'Easy Reader', and 'Global Look and Feel'

3) If we DO NOT select anti-alias, there is a white background on the outer edge of the rounded corners. The 'white background' should be transparent so the color of the page is displayed.

4) If we DO select anti-alias, there is no white background on the outer edge of the rounded corners, but the 'Title' and 'Footer' of the rounded rectangle does not go across the width of the rectangle, and the 'Title' and 'Footer' are separated from the body of the rectangle.

5) When using the 'Documentation' theme, the background of the page overwrites the background of the rounded rectangle.

Attached are three images, one for each theme, showing the results of when anti-alias is selected and not selected. The images have the settings I used for the rounded rectangle. Please note the only difference is if anti-alias is selected or not.

I'd like to set up a screen share with a member of your support team. We'd like to get this resolved quickly so we can upgrade our production. We seem to get a quicker resolution when we do a screen share, versus exchanging emails.

Please let me know when is a good time to set up a screen share. I'm usually in the office between 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2012

I can't see the images you've attached.

It looks like youre using this user macro -- http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Round+Rectangle+Macro -- which really is showing its age now. I may have been good to work around browser limitations in 2006, bhut there are newer shinier ways of doing this these days.

There are lots of mean "new" tricks with CSS you can do for example, you could wrap the following in a user macro to achieve roughly the same goal:

<div style="border-radius:10px; color:limegreen; background-color: hotpink;">
  <header>
    <h2>This is a header</h2>
  </header>
  <div>
    Here's some body text
  </div>
  <footer>
    Here's a footer
  </footer>
</div>

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2012

The obvious questions spring out at me - what browser, and where are you setting "anti-alias"?

But possibly more pertinent - this is a community support place, not Atlassian support. We can try to help you out, you might get a screen-share if one of us has the capability, time and will, but it's not formal support.

(Oh, and there are no attachments, and if you do raise this as a full support issue, Atlassian are going to ask you a lot more about versions, operating system, and so-on)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events