Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push dialog suggests invalid remote branch cache

Sangwook Song January 31, 2014

I'm using sourcetree1.8.1 on mac osx10.9.1.

Once I push commits to "forces" branch, and I remove remote branch "forces".

But sourcetree suggests "forces" branch repeatedly.

Is it cache? How can I remove that?

When I commit code with a option "Push commits immediately to: origin", commits are always going to "forces".

But it has only mater branch.

How can I remove "forces" auto selection?

4 answers

0 votes
Adam Kusmierz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2017

It seems to be old problem, but have the same issue here, with 2.5.1 version. I grepped my .git directory for "forces" string, with no luck. Any other idea?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

In the root of your repository is a hidden .git folder. Inside is a text file named "config" that should list all of your local branches and the remote ("remote") and branch ("merge") it is associated with. If your "forces" branch is not listed there, then SourceTree is probably caching something like you suspect.

0 votes
Sangwook Song February 2, 2014

Finally, I renamed local branch name "master" to "master2", and changed git>Push branch to "upstream".

Now when pushing master2 sourcetree set default push branch "master" correctly.

But when I renamed local branch name to "master" again, it suggest "forces".

I think sourcetree has invalid cache information inside somewhere.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

If you right click a local branch in the main window, you can switch which remote branch is being tracked by that local branch.

Sangwook Song February 2, 2014

I tried it, but it doesn't work.

It still change remote branch to "forces" automatically.

When the push dialog pops up, I see a rolling circle that might search matching branch name for a second, and it changes branch name to "forces".

When using console, "git push" make codes goes to "origin/master", and I think sourcetree doing something inside with cache like things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events