Project Manager Only

Jeff Jenson May 11, 2014

I am trying to see if Jira will work for my situation. I already have a ticket system that is tracking specific issues and doing it well. I want to use this for my project manager to be able to list all projects and tasks and then apply these tasks to the developers but I don't want any developers logging in just be able to assign a task/project to a specific developer.

This way I can install a gantt addon and this allow my PM to manage the developers easier with seeing their schedule and time of work for etas to complete.

Is there anyway to set up a non licences user to and assign them to a task?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

Yes, if you create an account that can not log in, you can still set it up to be an assignable user. (Add the account, then go into user admin and remove it from the "can log in" group, which is "jira users" by default)

However, tracking issues in two places is a recipe for making a mess - you would be better advised to choose one system and stick with it.

Jeff Jenson May 11, 2014
Thanks I will try this out. Also I agree it will be messy initially but not ready to commit to jira just yet so want to run it side by side till I can get the kinks worked out. Thanks for the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events