Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-commit code reviews w/Crucible

jeff davis January 2, 2013

I would like to enable the following work flow:

1. Dev team member makes a local change in a git repository.
  2. Dev team member types something at the command similar to:
    review someone@example.com -m "Fix bug PRJ-1234."
  3. A patch file is created and uploaded.
    I suspect this can be done with the crucible command line tool?
  4. An email is sent to someone@example.com informing them they need to perform a code review. The email includes a link to fisheye / crucible land.
  5. The reviewer reviews, comments, etc. Feedback is sent to the reviewee.
  6. Dev team member makes changes and submits code.

Is this possible? If so, is there a nice easy example I can follow?

1 answer

0 votes
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Hi Jeff,

We do not have a native CLI to perform this action but you can try to leverage the Crucible CLI plugin from the Marketplace to build something similar.

Regards,

Sten Pittet
FishEye / Crucible Product Manager

jeff davis January 3, 2013

Right. But seriously, nobody has ever wanted to easily do pre-commit code reviews?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Frankly pre-commit code reviews are always performed by pairing rather than getting into Crucible. That is the fastest way to do it. And code reviews performed in Crucible on uncommitted code is quite fragile and there is no quanrantee that it really goes in when committed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events