cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing Maven Logs from Multiple Bamboo Steps

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Hi all,

Please let me know what you think is the right way to parse maven logs.

I broke my build into three steps: core, clientUI, installer. Each is a multi project maven build. I use "Script" tasks and a script file with targets to handle each step so I ensure the how-to-build is captured in source control. I setup clientUI and Installer to always run so I'll always get an installer even if the clientUI tests fail that one step

now, I have bamboo logs which are difficult to read. I plan to add a parsing step that captures the bamboo log analyze it and write a summary. Were I using ant, I'd set ant to use XML output, slurp it into a structure, extract my data and write a summary. Since I'm using maven, I'm looking at writing a plain text parser for maven.

The effort involved is non trivial and I'm wondering if I'm making this harder than it needs to be.

Do any of ypu run multi-step maven builds in bamboo plans and how to handle extracting the relevant bits out of the inner build steps?

Thanks

Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

In Java-world, what you could do is to inherit from the class com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.maven.task.Maven2BuildTask (or Maven3BuildTask). Some options then:

add some marker to the log file that would let you find out where the task starts

redirect the Maven logs to a separate file by using buildLogger.getInterceptorStack().add() method.

have the interceptor generate the summary on the fly - that's what it's for ;-)

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

I'm confused are you saying that I'd create my own plugin or is that can I execute groovy or java steps in my plan configuration?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events