PDF export section numbering

We pretty much use Confluence s (5.1.3) standard PDF export.

The "interesting" thing with this "advanced" version is that it even doesn t get the TOC numbering right. The TOC page numbers are left aligned (!) and get cut off after the third digit with the standard margins! I solved this, but I needed to air it. Actually thought that would be a bug fix for a revision, but apparently it s been in the product for ages.

My question is about the half-baked section numbers. They appear in the TOC, but not in the body!

How can I get them in the body?

5 answers

1 accepted

1) The page numbers in the TOC are right-aligned by

in the PDF Export Stylesheet either globally or in the space.

2) You can get rid of the silly heading numbering in the TOC of a PDF space export with

div.toclvl0:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl1:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl2:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl3:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl4:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl5:before { content:  ""; }

in the same style sheet.
Please mind that the indentation stays, but I d rather call this a feature than the inconsistent behavior of Confluence!

Cudos to Tomas Theunissen of avisi with their Heading Numbering plugin who solved this in minutes once I had explained the problem and what I really wanted! Atlassian had not been able to bring up a solution for 3.5 YEARS!

Check out

Too bad, I have given the same answer here.

Thanks, Steffen,
difficult to find the needle with the wrong-colored pin-head / title (PDF Stylesheet - any guides out there?) in the hay stack!
I ll cross-link things with the issues.

BTW: I ve seen confluencedefaultpdf.css referenced a number of times. I can t find it!

True, I could also only find it because it is in the list of my own answers.

And do you know where confluencedefaultpdf.css is located?

I can t find it on my installation. Could it be that this is for reference only if I want to override settings in the PDF Export Stylesheet -- with the actual definition hidden somewhere in Confluence s DB in a BLOB field?

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

309 views 6 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot