cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF export section numbering

Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

We pretty much use Confluence s (5.1.3) standard PDF export.

The "interesting" thing with this "advanced" version is that it even doesn t get the TOC numbering right. The TOC page numbers are left aligned (!) and get cut off after the third digit with the standard margins! I solved this, but I needed to air it. Actually thought that would be a bug fix for a revision, but apparently it s been in the product for ages.

My question is about the half-baked section numbers. They appear in the TOC, but not in the body!

How can I get them in the body?
Thanks
G.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Answers:

1) The page numbers in the TOC are right-aligned by

div.toc  
{  
    text-align:right;  
}

in the PDF Export Stylesheet either globally or in the space.

2) You can get rid of the silly heading numbering in the TOC of a PDF space export with

div.toclvl0:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl1:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl2:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl3:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl4:before { content:  ""; }  
div.toclvl5:before { content:  ""; }

in the same style sheet.
Please mind that the indentation stays, but I d rather call this a feature than the inconsistent behavior of Confluence!

Cudos to Tomas Theunissen of avisi with their Heading Numbering plugin who solved this in minutes once I had explained the problem and what I really wanted! Atlassian had not been able to bring up a solution for 3.5 YEARS!

Check out
https://bitbucket.org/avisi/numbered-headings/issue/42/numbered-headings-in-pdf-in-toc-and-body
and
https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-111051

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

Too bad, I have given the same answer here.

0 votes
Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013

I can t find it on my installation. Could it be that this is for reference only if I want to override settings in the PDF Export Stylesheet -- with the actual definition hidden somewhere in Confluence s DB in a BLOB field?

Thanks again!

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013
0 votes
Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013

And do you know where confluencedefaultpdf.css is located?
Thx

0 votes
Guenter Huber
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013

Thanks, Steffen,
difficult to find the needle with the wrong-colored pin-head / title (PDF Stylesheet - any guides out there?) in the hay stack!
I ll cross-link things with the issues.

BTW: I ve seen confluencedefaultpdf.css referenced a number of times. I can t find it!
G.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013

True, I could also only find it because it is in the list of my own answers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events