Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Clustering compatibility from Confluence 2.10 to 4.3

Mervyn Fealy February 10, 2013
I am currently working out a plan to upgrade our version of Confluence v2.10.2 to Confluence v4.3. We are performing this upgrade incrementally from 2.10.2 -> 3.5.17 -> 4.3.
However, I have a quick question about our Oracle RAC compatibility.
In summary, we have a 2 node Oracle RAC. We are running the following products and versions on our database servers:
  • Oracle Clusterware - Version 10.2.0.4.0
  • 10g Database - Version 10.2.0.4.0
  • Sun Cluster - Version 3.1
Are these technologies still compatible with Confluence v3.5 and v4.3?
Or will we need to upgrade these technologies ahead of our Confluence upgrade project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Hi Mervyn,

Strictly speaking neither Confluence 3.5.x nor v4.3.x actually support Oracle 10g databases, although in practice I'm not actually aware of any problems with customers running Confluence 4.3.x on Oracle 10g databases. However, they aren't tested configurations so you might find you have problems and need to upgrade the database, but I believe that in the short-term you wouldn't have problems with your current hardware although obviously you should perform a test upgrade first to avoid any unexpected problems

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events