Not seeing Confluence Sidebar Options

Hi there,

I have tried following the instructions from your Configuring a Sidebar Documentation. It says you need to have space administration permissions to see the Configure Sidebar options. I have administration rights i.e. I am a Confluence Administrator but I cannot them. Initially I saw this when I created the space and it had the default theme but when I switched to documentation theme and reversed it, it does not show up. Under Global permissions only the system-administrator has system administration rights. I cannot change this. Is there a way I can add myself to this group as it seems like it's Atlassian who has this right. This user is the only person who belongs to confluence-administrators and system-administrators group.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shreena

6 answers

0 votes

Have you tried clicking the '[' symbol? That will initially toggle the sidebar.

I've just tried that, still can't get the configure sidebar to come up i.e. Pages and Blogs. Looks like the usual page tree.

I am afraid you won't be able to add yourself as system administrator as it is a restricted function on Atlassian OnDemand. Please check your theme if it's documentation theme, if it only shows the page tree, then most likely you're using documentation theme instead of the default theme.

The issue is, even if I switch themes, it doesn't change like it is meant to. It looks exactly the same as the documentation theme.

Same to me with Confluence 5.1.1 download. Can't find "Configure sidebar" in my installation mentioned in the documentation.

Has there been an update on this? We are facing the same problem..

0 votes
Mauro Badii Atlassian Team Dec 04, 2013

This problem is probably because the Space Theme is the 'Documentation Theme' and it doesn't have a sidebar. To change the theme follow: Applying a Theme to a Space

You have to be space administrator (not system-administrator) to do so.

Then the sidebar will appear when the Theme is changed to Global Look and Feel.

If it doesn't, you'll have to change the Default Confluence Look and Feel to the new Default Theme too. http://<your-instance>/wiki/admin/choosetheme.action

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for t...

142 views 8 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you