No Homepage for a space in Confluence

Greg Baran March 10, 2013

Within a Space in Confluence, there appears to be no homepage. When accessing the space, there is a browse space screen, but no edit button to edit the page. Additionally, all pages within the space are listed as orphans.

Can somone help provide insight on how to create or assign a page to be a space homepage?

I have searched the documentation, but everything I find appears to be for an older version of Confluence and I am unable to recreate the steps in the new version.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

Go to Space Admin > Space Details, and in the Home page field type in the title of the Page that you want to set as Space Home Page (autocomplete prompt will be displayed) and click Save. Hope this does the trick :)

Greg Baran March 11, 2013

Hi Dora, Do you need to be the space creator to see this? By any chance is there updated documention that you can link to so I can follow it there?

Judy Whitney April 12, 2017

I want to add to this, as I came across the same issue. 

I went looking for Space Details. Here's how I found it:

1. Go to Space Directory > Under Space, for the Space in question, find Space Details. For me, it looks like an information icon (encircled i).

2. Click on this, and it takes you to Space Tools. This suggests to me there's likely another way to get here. 

3. Under Overview, under Space Details tab, select Edit Space Details. From here, specify the page you wish to set as the Space's Home Page

I got myself into a conundrum when I accidentally deleted my Home Page. Hopefully the write-up helps someone else!

0 votes
Richard Yale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013
Greg Baran March 12, 2013

Hi Richard, Thanks for your help, but for some reason this didn't work either.

After some thought, I realized I was spending too much time on this, and a new Space was created and I moved all the documents there. The new Space is working and all of the Space users are happy now.

Like Sarah Holesovsky likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events