Netiquette for Jira and Confluence users

Rumceisz May 30, 2012

Hi All,

this question is a bit unconventional:)

I start to write a netiquette document for my Jira and Confluence users. Have you got a similar doc at your workplace, environment?

I would like to ask for a help reading such a document. Just for getting started.

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RIsk May 31, 2012
Rumceisz May 31, 2012

Hi Risk,

nice one!

Thank you!

Rumi

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

The businessweek tipsheet for wikis does have some good stuff. Short but sweet.

For JIRA, is netiquette the right word? Most certainly, it is important to provide guidelines on how to create a good issue. I created a wiki page with a dozen bullets. Here are some samples...

• Before logging a new issue, search JIRA to ensure that you are not creating a duplicate.
  • The Summary should be "Fit to be read by a customer". JIRA allows for semi-automated publication of Release Note based on Issue Summary. So correcting spelling errors, etc, up front means that no one has to go and clean up after you later.
  • A good Summary is terse.. but not too terse. For instance "Overlapping Columns" is less helpful than "Overlapping Columns in Access Screen".
  • Annotate your screenshots. Highlight the area of interest and add a note.
  • Do not attach a 10 MB log: ZIP it first. JIRA v4.x allows you to view files inside ZIP attachments.
Rumceisz June 3, 2012

Hi Mark,

many thanks. These are good topics to begin!

Rumi

0 votes
Ole Kristensen May 30, 2012

Welcome to the Grundfos Wiki

Create, Edit and Share all business relevant knowledge with your colleagues.
Please feel free to edit all articles where you are certain that you can add value!
Or at least make a comment below articles.

1. Everything in the Grundfos Wiki Must be in english
  2. Confidential content should not be applied to the Grundfos Wiki!
  3. Please do not upload files except pictures, diagrams, charts etc.

Apply for your own space for your team, project, department or company by sending a request to Service Desk stating the Title, Purpose of your Wiki space and the person to own the space.

Rumceisz May 30, 2012

Hi Ole,

many thanks for sharing your netiquette. Do have same for Jira too?

Regards,
Rumi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events