Moving file system location of Confluence attachments

Ishtiaque Omar January 20, 2013

Hi,

We are hosting Confluence on a server with two drives, C and D. All Confluence program and data files are on drive C. We are using the file system for Attachment Storage. We are running out of space on drive C and I'd like to move attachment storage to drive D. Can anyone kindly let me know if this is possible, if it requires me to move other Confluence files, and whether there is a guide that will help me achieve this?

Thanks,

Ish

1 answer

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2013

Dear Ish,

The attachments are stored in the <CONFLUENCE-HOME> folder. Moving only the attachments is not that easy, thus I would suggest you to move the whole <CONFLUENCE-HOME> folder.

For this:

1. Shut down Confluence
  2. Copy the full contents of the <CONFLUENCE-HOME> directory to the new desired location
  3. Modify the <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL-DIR>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties file so that the confluence.home variable will point to the new location
  4. Start Confluence

Please note the difference between <CONFLUENCE-HOME> and the <CONFLUENCE-INSTALL-DIR>. Also, you may need to clear the plugin cache before starting Confluence again.

You may also want to take a look at this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Data+Directory+Configuration

Kind regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events