Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Confluence Between Servers (Centos to Redhat)

Sanjeev kumar N May 16, 2017

Hi Team,

We have requirement of migrating Confluence (Version 5.8.19) server (cent OS) to new server (Redhat OS), then we will upgrade it to Latest 6.X version.

ENV details:

We have installed Confluence V5.8.18 with Oracle DB on single box and we need to split the same to individual Redhat box and then upgrade it latest version.

Please help me on the same. Good if we have any videos for the same

Thanks

Sanjeev Kumar N

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2017

I'm not sure that your description is clear on what you are doing.

The first paragraph makes sense - you want to move a Confluence from one server to another (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html ), and later upgrade it as a second step.

But then you say something about installing on a single box and splitting it.  This does not appear to have anything to do with moving from one server to another.  Could you explain?

Sanjeev kumar N May 18, 2017

Hi Nic Brough,

Thanks for the support.

In current ENV we have installed Confluence V 5.8.18, configured with Oracle DB 11G on CentOS 6.x.

As the current ENV are getting de-commissioned, we need to migrate the same to new box (with Redhat 6.X installed). 

We have two NEW Linux box, one for Confluence and other for Oracle DB.

For Confluence: I have reffered link and it was not very clear.

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf58/migrating-confluence-between-servers-771893123.html)

Migration steps: As per link

1: If the operating systems on both servers are the same, then the home and install folders can be copied straight into an identical external database and user management setup.

On the original server, create zips of the Confluence install and home directories

Can i know which folders needs to copied to new server.

Do we need install the Confluence on new server and copy.

For Oracle DB: Will export (from Production server )and import the same (New server).

Thanks

Sanjeev Kumar N

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events