Macro Parameters: structured-macro, schema-version, macro-id

Mike Pearson May 8, 2017

Hoping someone could explain (or link to documentation) regarding macro parameters: "structured-macro", "schema-version", and "macro-id".

The reason I ask is that I'm calling another (add-on) macro from a User Macro I'm creating.  I can either copy the source generated when using the add-on macro on a random Confluence page to get something like the following:

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="add-page-form" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="75223kksof-a39c5aXyz">

Or, I can just manually enter:

<ac:macro ac:name="add-page-form">

Both seem to achieve the same result (i.e. both appear to work).  Obviously, I'd prefer to use the 2nd as it's much simpler.  But I want to check that I'm not creating problems by:

1. Using "ac:macro" instead of "ac:structured-macro"
  2. Ommitting the "ac:schema-version" and "ac:macro-id"

Any input/advice much appreciated!  Thanks in advance...

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Pearson July 5, 2017

Anyone? 

I still have not been able to identify any functional difference between the two ways to code a macro.

Can assume that it's safe to use the second code (i.e. use "ac:macro" instead of "ac:structured-macro", and omit the "ac:schema-version" and "ac:macro-id")?

And, if it's safe to do so, can anyone (just for my own interest), explain what "structured-macro", "schema-version", and "macro-id" are for?

Thanks!

Gilles Falcon June 24, 2021

Is there someone who find the doc? The real one

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events