we have the following problem:
In many pages, we use links to a heading within the same page, example:
This works fine, and the link is working. But as soon as we copy the page, the link in the copied page doesn't work any more. The system adds some signs before and after the link so that it's not working any more.
The link in the copy of the page looks like this:
To me, it seems to be a bug. How could we avoid / fix it? Is there a workaround?
Currently, we are using Confluence 3.5.9.
you could work with manual anchors. Even though Confluence should treat every heading as an anchor, try defining customs anchors with the anchor macro.
This documentation should help you.
this doesn't solve our problem. I used an anchor an linked to it, as you suggested, but I get the same problem:
I created a new page and entered the following:
After that, I saved the page and made a copy of it.
In the copied page the link looks like this:
That might be happening because someone is editing your page with the Rich Text Editor.
Switching between the RTE and wiki markup causes all sorts of weirdness like that. That's one reason that Atlassian no longer provide two editors in 4.x-- you just get one editor. You can still paste in wiki markup but you cannot edit wiki markup, you can only work in the RTE.
It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs