We are planning to integrate Jira and Confluence.Below are the things that i consider.
1. I want to make a Single sign on for Jira and Confluence and my concerns are the ff.
a. Jira and Confluence has different users license 500 for Confluence and unlimited for Jira
b. When single sign on if implemented what will happen to the groupings and permission of the users for Jira and Confluence
2. If ever the Integration is successful what are the considerations we have to make because we are doing an yearly upgrade for jira and confluence just to keep up with atlassian's releases.
3. What are the integration tools we need to consider.An advise from you guys will be a big help.One of the thing we want is to see the Confluence documentations in jira.
1. The key to most of this is understanding the licensing and coding for that.
In both Jira and Confluence, you need to look at the permissions. They both have a simple concept - "if a user can log in, then they count towards the licence number".
Off-the-shelf, you'll find that the groups "jira users" and "jira administrators" count as "can log in and hence count as a licence user" for Jira. Same for confluence, with groups similarly called "confluence users/admin". These are de-duplicated though - if my account belongs to both users and admins, it's still only one seat in use. Be aware that if you change these, it's the "can log in" that matters, whatever user/group scheme you decide to use.
However you implement your SSO, you just need to make sure the group memberships are following the rules (don't allow more than 500 in Confluence-users).
2. You will need to maintain your SSO code in-line with Atlassian releases. You don't *need* to keep up with Atlassian's releases of course, that's a matter of planning and resource for you. But you will need to check your SSO code on every release you decide to take.
3. That's a bit vague really. I'd start with the built-in application links and see how they work out for you.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot