JEMH - Not updating exist ticket and keep create new tickets

Mohamed Eltayeb August 18, 2014

Hello ,

Im using JEHM to create ticket through email handler , ive few problems here need some help :

1 - when ever new ticket created by email and same user sent replay with same subject like

"Re: fix pc please " its create new issue and not update the exsiting one ? can you help me with fixing this ?

2- I need to strip off part of the email subject everytime i process new email to update or create new issue

like i need to use regex to strip off Ticket00XX" from the subject , then match the rest of subject if its exist then update the ticket else create new ticket

how can fix these 2 issues

Best Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Hi Mohammed,

Probably easier to log a support ticket @ https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMHto get targetted support like this, will offer some quick advice, if that doesnt help, please do so, and provide Profile XML, and Test Case email export (JEMH audit history has an export option for each received email).

You dont say what JIRA / JEMH version you have, it helps to know?

1 - when ever new ticket created by email and same user sent replay with same subject like

"Re: fix pc please " its create new issue and not update the exsiting one ? can you help me with fixing this ?

Subject matching is not used by JEMH for thread association. Primarily an issue key in the subject is used, secondarily JIRA mail threading will be used, where replies to 'an original' message.

2- I need to strip off part of the email subject everytime i process new email to update or create new issue

like i need to use regex to strip off Ticket00XX" from the subject , then match the rest of subject if its exist then update the ticket else create new ticket

The subject of the email doesnt get used for comments attributed to a common JIRA issue? It almost sounds like you have a remote system ID of format Ticket00XX that is foreign to JIRA, you want to correlate incoming emails with that ID to an initial JIRA issue? This is a case handled by the Regexp Field Processor:

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Use+Regexp+Field+Processor

This uses a regexp (as you may have guessed) on the subject/body to pick out a unqiue identifier that will be stored in a nominated custom field on create (when no other open issue has that id) subsequent emails with the same id get added as comments (for which, the subject text is not used, only the body content).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events