JEMH - Disable comments from Mails

Santiago September 11, 2013

I've been trying to setup JEMH to create issues fro emails.

That i have been able to do, but then i, somehow, setup to create comments when an email with the same subject is sent.

On a meeting, it was decided that this is not the behaviour that is wanted because its normal to receive emails with the same subjects, and every mail should be a new issue.

Where can I configure that?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi Santiago,

In the normal email-reply scenario, commenting behaviour is driven by two things;

1. There is an issue key in the subject (ABC-123). Its reasonable to expect a reply in this instance to comment on the relateed issue.

2. JIRA 5.2.3+ ; Its a reply to an email that has been sent to JIRA already (that created ABC-123). Even without the remote user knowing the issue key, by default JIRA will associate this 'reply' with ABC-123. This solves a problem where otherwise, a new issue would be created.

JEMH doesnt have subject-based matching for commenting purposes as its too error prone, so Im not sure what you have configured.

You say you want 'new' emails to be a new issue, well, they should be, but subject to 1 & 2 above. If you want to disable some of the above its possible with JEMH:

1) Disabling Issue Key recognition:

Set Profile > Email > PreProcessing > Subject IssueKey (comment) Regexps, the value is normally used to match a specific JIRA instance by the email subject [MYJIRA] ABC-123, so, you can set a guaranteed failure to match with 'Never Ever Match 1234567890' so stop subject key matching.

2) Disable reply-to issue location:

Set Profile > Email > PreProcessing > Disable Thread Checking

Santiago September 12, 2013

Thanks Andy, i must have been mistaken then, everytime i tried the profile i started seeing some comments instead of just new issues. I thought the subject of the mail was the reason it was causing it but it seems that answering or forwarding those emails were the events that were triggering comments

I will have to test if its indeed like this, but now that you mentioned i think im pretty sure that was the case

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events