JAVA_HOME error trying to run Crucible

So I'm getting the classic "JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly. We cannot execute java" error when trying to run Crucible using the run.sh script (for the first time) after installing a standalone JIRA instance. I receive a different error when trying to run without sudo access "Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for object heap. Could not create the Java virtual machine."

I have already taken several steps in trying to help myself, mainly:

1. Adjusting JVM max and min memory allotments. This have been adjusted to sizes recommended in the JIRA guide.
  2. Setting JAVA_HOME variable in both /etc/profile and .bashrc. My JDK rests in a folder called /apps/java/jdk1.6.0_25.
  3. Exporting JAVA_HOME variable immediately before running the run.sh script and echoing it to check that it is set.

I really don't know what else to try. Here is a printout of the relevant portion of my /etc/profile configuration:

export JAVA_HOME=/apps/java/jdk1.6.0_25
export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin:$JAVA_HOME/bin

Any help would be much appreciated. The JIRA instance itself is up and running but I would like to have Crucible/Fisheye going as well. Thanks.

1 answer

Hi Mark,

I believe this could be related to memory allocation. Maybe you might want to increase the java heap size in your FISHEYE_OPTS and see if this helps. You can use this link as support:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Fix+Out+of+Memory+errors+by+increasing+available+memory

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Riddle me this

Happy Friday, Funmakers! We had a Community Team offsite in Austin this week, and my mind feels primed for thinkin' from all the brainstorming we did!  So, this week's Friday Fun thread w...

144 views 19 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you