Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Confluence/Atlassian suite of tools used by non software development teams?

Jeff Millett October 11, 2012

Is the Confluence/Atlassian suite of tools appropriate for an Architecture Firm ( as in physical buildings) either as the firm's "Intranet" replacement or for building design teams? Much of Atlassian's documentation seems to be geared to software development teams. Can anyone point me to any non software teams who are successfully using Atlassian's suite of tools.

4 answers

1 vote
Benjamin Wirtz February 1, 2015

Yes, Atlassian tools are used across many industries and teams. In fact, we have heard about other architecture firms using JIRA (and Confluence) to track the work items on their projects.

Although our website is currently mostly aimed at software teams, Confluence is a tool to capture information and collaborate that can be used by any team. JIRA is a workflow engine that can help any kind of team organise their work.

We are looking into how we can make JIRA better for non software development teams, so I would love to hear about your experience.

0 votes
Jakob Jordan April 7, 2015

I am wondering it its possible using Atlassian products as hotel management and booking software. Basically there are a lot of similarities in terms of workflow, team evaluation, issue tracking, etc...

But how is the approach of customizing and combining the right Atlassian products and extensions for e.g. booking, customer check-in /-out, room contingent, price management, crm, etc...?

Maybe its a stupid idea, but i would love to hear your feedback...

Jakob 

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

We have a client, an insurance company and they customized the JIRA to treat some claims with it; we had to integrate it with their main system :). Jira is used to gather primary data and to support the workflow between client, insurer and car services providers.

Quite a complex system, lots of SOAP calls, but their ability to change / adapt the process very fast, and their ability to keep the client informed on the claim progress (e-mail, sms), made them gain 20% on their customer base in one year (which is huge!).

So, yes, it came as a surprise for me too ...

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Edit: Sometimes I believe that we should do from that project a case ... but I think there are legal issues around it of some sort ....

0 votes
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

My organization (genome sequencing lab) is using JIRA as a project tracker for various in-lab processes as well as for software development. Two coworkers of mine actually gave a presentation on our use of JIRA at the 2012 Summit, viewable here: http://summit.atlassian.com/archives/2012/jira-everywhere/robots-are-team-members-too

Depending on how big your company is and what you plan to track on your intranet, I'd say confluence and JIRA might work for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events