Is it possible to use Tempo and Timetracker without the time fields being required?

Carlos Diaz December 2, 2013

I am new to the use of Tempo and I am assuming that Tempo is the application and one of the functional features is Time Tracker. I would like to be able to have users track or log work done on an Issue, but I don't want these fields to be required.

• <label for="worklog_timeLogged">Time SpentRequired</label>
  • <label for="worklog_startDate">Date StartedRequired</label>
  • Remaining Estimate Required
Is there a way to do this? Where can I go and change the required field setting? Can I request thsi change be made by tech support at Atlassian? Please advice

Carlos

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Diaz December 5, 2013

Hello Susanne,

Thank you so much for you reply. You are correct we have both Tempo and Jira time tracking activated. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to deactivate Jira - Time tracking as we use Jira-OnDemand, it tells me the module View Issue Ops Bar Work Link is not modifiable.

I have filed a ticket with Atlassian support.

Thank you for your help.

Carlos

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Hi Carlos,

it is possible to change the settings for the requirement of Remaining estimate. This is done in the Tempo Global Configuration, by checking the "Remaining estimate is optional" Time Tracking permission.

It is not possible to change the required status for Worked hours or the Date, as this is necessary for all Worklogs.

It also looks as if you are logging Time through the JIRA worklog dialog, not the Tempo Log Work dialog. In case you want to avoid this you should disable the Jira Log Work Dialog (see http://www.tempoplugin.com/faq/how-can-i-disable-the-jira-log-work-dialog/ on how this is done).

Best regards,

Susanne Götz (Tempo)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events