Is it possible to "mount" a directory of files stored in Confluence?

Michael Black July 6, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing Files

I want to keep a diagram related to a project that I'm working on, but I don't want to be constantly downloading and uploading the file every time I need to use the file. Is it possible to have those file presented to me in file explorer window? I'm thinking of solution similar to a google drive scenario that would keep files in sync??

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2016
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2016

Directly, this would be a bad idea

• Confluence would not be a ware of any changes made outside its interface,
  • the file naming convention you'd have to stick is not in the slightest bit user friendly
  • Confluence can cache files, so people loading something you've updated in the UI might not get what you expect

It is, of course, possible, but it would be a lot better to look at the more advanced file handling add-ons for Confluence than just try direct disk read/writes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events