Is it possible to create a page or space that lists all the attachements which have been uploaded on Confluence?

We are using Confluence 4.3. Users post attachments on various pages and in various work spaces. They are requesting a page or space which will show them all of the attachments that have been uploaded across various pages and spaces on Confluence. Is this possible within Confluence?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can specify the space for the Space Attachments macro by editing it, you do not have to be in that space. So YES, you can create a page that shows attachments from ALL spaces. You just have to have separate lists. I would utilize a multi column layout or utilize sections to break up the list. Alternatively you can use child pages to view the list for each space in case there are too many to put on 1 page.

Hope this helps!

Timothy Chin Community Champion Feb 07, 2013

For all spaces, that is not possible. But the Space Attachment marco does show all attachments from defined spaces (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Displaying+a+List+of+Attachments)

You could use the sql macro to get a customized report out of Confluence, but the sql macro is non free:

select a.title as attachmenttitle, c.title as contentTitle, c.contentid as pageid,  s.spacename, c.creationdate from attachments a join content c on a.pageid = c.contentid join spaces s on c.spaceid = s.spaceid where c.creationdate >= now()- interval '30 days';

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

135 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you