Is it possible to change the OnDemand Administrator's name?

I've just started a trial of OnDemand and want to change the name of the default created Administrator account but it doesn't seem possible.

For example my personal space created in Confluence is named Administrator and if say I want to create a company holiday calendar, enties for my holidays would be named Administrator rather then my real name.

We're a small company and creating another account for me just to have a different name would take us over the 10 users.

2 answers

1 accepted

Yes it is. It's done from the user management page.

Hi Mark,

It's not possible to change usernames once they have been created, but it is possible to create a new user, assign them with the Administrator permissions and then delete/disable the default admin user that is created when the instance is deployed.

You can see about configuring permissions for your OnDemand instance in this document:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+application+permissions

You can see about managing users, such as creating, disabling and deleting them in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+users

So hopefully this will give you all the information you need to create a new user, assign them the permissions and then remove the original user.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

71 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you