Integration with Araxis Merge?

Pavel Pola July 28, 2012

Hello, has anybody running integration with Araxis Merge? I have installed command line tools, set up path but SourceTree still says "Cannot find Araxis Merge". Does anybody know what should I check?

Thanks for help.

Pavel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Did you install the command-line tools in the recommended location, or somewhere else that you then added to your PATH? Because PATH doesn't affect Mac OS X apps SourceTree looks in the standard locations only such as ~/bin, /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin.

Pavel Pola July 28, 2012

Hi Steve, I have installed it in ~/Library/AraxisUtilities and moving to ~/bin helped. Thank you.

David Rees January 16, 2013

Starting with Araxis Merge 2013.4283 (released 14 January 2013) the utilities are now placed inside the application bundle at "/Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities/" so perhaps SourceTree can be updated to just look for them there. So folks just need to install Araxis Merge and then choose it in SourceTree with no copying/linking of files.

More info:

http://www.araxis.com/merge_mac/ReleaseHistory.html

http://www.araxis.com/merge_mac/topic_installingfromweb.html

Actually, I went ahead and created a Feature Request for this - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1370

Ken Taylor February 10, 2013

I found the utilities installed to /Applications/Araxis Merge.app/Contents/Utilities

I had the same issue integrating them with SourceTree and tried the solution of creating links to araxisgitdiff and araixisgitmerge in ~/bin with no success.

I did have success by copying all the files in the utilties folder to /usr/bin using:

sudo cp /Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities/* /usr/bin

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

SourceTree only needs to be able to see the command line tools 'compare' and 'araxisgitmerge' (or 'araxishgmerge') in the usual path locations such as /usr/local/bin.

Unfortunately Araxis's instructions about adding /Applications/Araxis Merge.app/Contents/Utilities to the PATH variable to resolve their changes in the latest versions doesn't work for any Mac OS X apps, since the PATH variable has no effect there, it only affects terminals. The quickest way to resolve it is to do this:

ln -s /Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities/compare /usr/local/bin/compare
ln -s /Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities/araxishgmerge /usr/local/bin/araxishgmerge
ln -s /Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities/araxisgitmerge /usr/local/bin/araxishgmerge

~/bin isn't on the path for Mac OS X apps by default so that's why it didn't work when you did that.

0 votes
Hubert SARRET December 25, 2013

There is a typo on third command Steve should be

ln -s /Applications/Araxis\ Merge.app/Contents/Utilities/araxisgitmerge /usr/local/bin/araxisgitmerge

Cheers

0 votes
Pavel Pola July 28, 2012

Sorry, I forgot: Mac OS X, 10.7.4

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events