Integrated authentication on Sql Server

Hi,

I followed the (optional) instructions from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Connecting+Stash+to+SQL+Server for connecting to stash-(sql2008 db) using integrated authentication and can't seem to get it to stop attempting to connect with the username and password in the stash-config.properties file.

This is the error I'm getting in the log:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to open a test connection to the given database. JDBC url = jdbc:sqlserver://server\instance:59993;integratedAuthentication=true;databaseName=Stash, username = StashUser. Terminating connection pool. Original Exception: ------
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'StashUser'. ClientConnectionId:42aee675-fd0d-489e-af73-574ae5c304fa

The instructions say that the username & password have to stay in the config file but integratedAuthentication=true seems to be ignored.

Thanks again for any help,

Greg

1 answer

1 accepted

integratedAuthentication is the wrong parameter name. It should be integratedSecurity=true - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378428.aspx#Connectingintegrated

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for that! I've updated our documentation.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

71 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you