cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial download of Mercurial repo on bitbucket shows *every* file changed

oompaloompadiapers January 19, 2014

When I try to clone this repo from a clean state:

https://bitbucket.org/gregsdennis/manatee.trello/

SourceTree (Windows) is showing *every* file as edited, and *every* line of the files as new. In the screenshot, I've highlighted a particularly short file so that it'd be easy to see how each line is touched except the last.

I'm guessing that's a line-ending thing (?), which I wouldn't necessarily expect to happen, but I'm also unable to shelf "my changes"; there's no change after "shelving".

Haven't had this problem in the past with git repos.

Is there a Mercurial-specific setting for line-endings I've set incorrectly? Even so, why wouldn't I be able to shelf my "changes"?

Thanks.

bug

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

As step 1 to make sure line endings are the problem, check that "ignore whitespace" box above the diff. Your files will still be shown as modified on the right, but the diff should be empty if changes are white-space only.

Then check out this post on stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10802918/converting-mercurial-unix-line-endings-to-windows

oompaloompadiapers January 19, 2014

EDIT: Sorry -- I should have mentioned that checking "Ignore Whitespace" does return nothing in the text area, so that is the difference.

Should Mercurial have downloaded the files and changed the line endings? That is, I would've expected the line endings to stay the same as in the repo on initial download. The screenshot shows *the initial state* after a clean pull for me. That seems like a bug, unless I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Similarly, I would've expected a Shelf to fix it.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events