In Confluence how to create own java and vm(velocity) file

saurabh bhagat June 13, 2013

In confluence how to create own java and vm file and map java class object and access that object in Velocity

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

May I suggest that you consider using Soy templates instead of Velocity? Soy templates are used by the newer Atlassian products, and I believe the plan is to use them in new features added to JIRA and Confluence. In any case, Atlassian appears to be moving towards Soy and away from Velocity.

There is a suitable tutorial on using Soy templates in Confluence.

The documentation for Soy templates is published by Google.

If you insist on using Velocity, then the Velocity User Guide will be very handy, as will the Velocity Template Overview for Confluence.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 16, 2013

Oh yes, I can recommend that tutorial on Soy templates ;)

Full source code is available for it here:
https://bitbucket.org/appfusions/confluence-tutorial-soy-templates

0 votes
saurabh bhagat June 13, 2013

thanks both of you i will try

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2013

Generally, you'll want to create a plugin to bundle all your code together and make it interact. Your other questions mention Confluence, so I'd start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Plugin+Guide

Even if this is not the right approach for your answer, the process of working through writing a plugin will teach you the basic stuff you need to understand to write code for Confluence, especially how java and velocity interact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events