Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Pages with Gliffy Diagrams into OnDemand Confluence

Daniel Glenn April 22, 2012

I am migrating from a local Confluence v3.2 instance to an OnDemand Confluence v4.2.

In this Answer I found out how to successfully import my existing pages. Summary:

1. Export a zip from source v3.2 instance
  2. Restore that zip into a local v3.5 instance
  3. Export a zip from v3.5 instance
  4. Restore that zip into local v4.2 instance

Now I have a local Confluence v4.2 from which I can export individual spaces and import them into my OnDemand instance.

This all seems to be working fine - except for gliffy diagrams.

In my local v4.2 instance after installing the latest Gliffy plugin (v4.2.2) all my Gliffy diagrams show up in the page OK.

If I restore the exact same space to my OnDemand instance (which is running Gliffy plugin v4.0.4.1) the Gliffy diagrams do not show up OK, showing instead the error:

Gliffy Macro Error An error occurred while rendering this diagram. Please contact your administrator

One workaround would be to follow the manual "Import a file as a template" as described in this Answer, but this is a manual process, and we probably have around 100 gliffy diagrams across all our spaces, as well as some pages linking to diagrams in other pages, so it would be quite a laborious and error prone process.

I would like to get it working automatically - like it works when importing into a local 4.2 Confluence.
Can anyone indicate why its not working in OnDemand?
Perhaps its the gliffy plugin version? If so, can we get the gliffy plugin updated on the OnDemand instance?

Additional info that may be useful:

1. Wiki Markup looks like:

{gliffy:name=We are here|align=left|size=L|version=1}

2. The gxml for this example is attached (We are here.txt).
Note that I had to add the ".txt" extension to attach it to this post, and actually they file does not have any extension.

Any assistance appreciated. Thanks,

--Dan

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Glenn October 9, 2012

To confirm: This is now resolved, and our OnDemand intance correctly shows our Gliffy diagrams.

Thanks Atlassian & Gliffy teams,

Daniel

1 vote
Daniel Glenn April 30, 2012

Just an update for anyone following this Question...

Looks like this problem is fixed in the latest version of the confluence gliffy plugin.

I need Atlassian to upgrade the Confluence Plugin for their OnDemand instances before this will work for me.

This issue is tracked externally here:

https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-37292

and internally (to Atlassian dev) here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFDEV-8216

Please add a vote for these issues if you are also keen to have the Gliffy Plugin upgraded to the latest version.

Dan

PS - kudos to Keith @ Gliffy for his support on this matter.

0 votes
Henrik June 6, 2012

Did you figure this out, Dan? We're having the same problems in our OnDemand instance.

Daniel Glenn June 6, 2012

Hi Henrik,

No progress - we are still waiting for Atlassian to progress this issue, and are without our existing Gliffy pages in the meantime.

I would be pleased if you add your vote to the issue and help us get this done :-)

Dan

Henrik June 6, 2012

Hi, I would, but neither CONFDEV-8216 nor JST-37292 is accessible to me, even though I'm logged in.

0 votes
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Hi Dan,

Yes, I would appreciate having access very much.

Keith

keith@gliffy.com

Daniel Glenn April 24, 2012

Hi Keith,

you should have received an invite email.

please go to the Dan Glenn space and then go to the Payment Provider Thoughts page which has a gliffy diagram.

Let me know how you get on,

Dan

0 votes
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Hi Dan,

If you go to the attachments for that page (Tools -> Attachments) there should be an Edit link to the right, on the row with the attached diagram. Does this work?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know the condition of the system.

Keith

Daniel Glenn April 23, 2012

One other thing Keith - as I have only uploaded a small Space for testing, I could give you access to our OnDemand Wiki instance for you to take a look if you want.

Let me know and I can email you the login details,

Dan

Hi Keith,

Yes - that gives me an Edit option - and from there I can successfully see and edit the diagram.

After saving and closing the diagram though, the same Gliffy Macro Error shows on the page (as seen on previous screenshot).

This surprises me - The gxml can clearly be parsed and edited and saved, but it can still not be rendered on page view.

What do you think?

Dan

0 votes
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear about this problem. When the error appears, you should have an edit button. If you click edit, can you view then save the diagram? Does the diagram then appear normally on the page?

Thank you,
Keith Rockhold
Support Engineer
keith@gliffy.com

Gliffy Inc.
PO Box 7775 #35255
San Francisco, CA, 94120-7775

877-2-Gliffy (877-245-4339)

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. I don't get the Edit option below the error. I have attached a screenshot to the original question for the error as it appears on the page.

Thanks for your continued support,

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events