Importing FrameMaker files into Confluence

Mary Jo Dockman June 17, 2013

How can I import existing FrameMaker files into Confluence wiki?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi,

Unfrotunately I have nearly zero experience with those tools, I just looked up for possible ways to connect it to Confluence and word conversion seemed to be the easiest way, sorry :( Maybe other community members have more experience on the topic though!:)

Cheers,

Peter

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi,

Unfortunately those files cannot be imported directly to Confluence, you'll first need to convert/save them into Word format, then import that. You can find instructions on how to convert here: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2012/10/converting-fm-docs-to-ms-word-files.html

Kind regards,

Peter

Mary Jo Dockman June 17, 2013

Thanks for your speedy reply! I'll check out the link. I also just read that WebWorks ePublisher can be used. Do you happen to know if the conversion is more seamless that way? Just wondered...thanks!

David Joy November 9, 2016

Hi Mary.
WebWorks ePublisher (start with ePublisher Designer) produces old-style Confluence wiki-markup. Make sure this is the format your Confluence content is written in. If you are expecting to use the WYSIWYG editor in current versions of Confluence,  ttbomk, ePublisher Designer is not your import path.
Time has passed, which solution did you adopt? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events