Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import custom field values from API REST

Miguel Ángel García Gómez May 22, 2017

Hi all!

I have a question related with Script Runner and how import values to a custom field from the result of a API REST endpoint.

For example, you have a custom field. The format of this custom field is a select where you can select one value, of a list of vaules. This values are imported from an API REST request. Then, you can select one of this values.

So, you have the field "My custom field" with the values: "Value 1", "Value 2" and "Value 3" that have been retrived by the endpoint:

http://myapi.com/myendpoint

Whose response is a JSON with the values {"Value 1", "Value 2", "Value 3"}

Then, you can select in this custom field the value, for example: "Value 1". And when the issue is saved, the value of "My custom field" is set to "Value 1".

Is this possible with Script Runner? 

BTW, this could be done in an JIRA Cloud.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2017

Hi Miguel,

There is an almos exact example in the documentation. 

Select List Conversions

In your case you do not have to do the Database related actions, just to populate the map that you will return. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

regards, Thanos

Miguel Ángel García Gómez May 25, 2017

Hi Thanos,

Thank you so much for your quickly response! 

I've read the example and it's very useful, but I have a question, in the example it's said that:

"Finally connect it to a text field in your behaviour initialiser"

But, as far as I know, "behaviour" functionallity it's only available on Scipr Runner for JIRA Server, isn't it? The example I mentioned needs to work on JIRA Cloud, if is possible. Otherwise, I need to consider changing to JIRA Server.

Thank you!

Regards,

Miguel.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events