Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see difference between two versions of a pull request

Abhik Bhat June 26, 2014

I'm a reviewer for my team member's code changes. When I review a pull request, I make comments to modify code wherever necessary. The author then updates the changes. If I go back to the pull request, I'm only interested in seeing the changes made from the previous version. Is there a way to do this in Stash? I know gerrit has this feature where it enables to see the difference between different versions of a code review. I don't want to go through the whole lot of changes again and the overview tab doesn't show me what I actually want to see.

Please clarify.

4 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

In the Diff tab of the pull request, the names of the updated files will be bold again. (The same way, in the beginning they are all bold, until you look at them.)

0 votes
Abhik Bhat July 5, 2014

I found out how. In the commit tab, if I click on the second commit link, it shows me the diff of this commit with the previous one.

0 votes
Abhik Bhat July 5, 2014

I found out how. In the commit tab, if I click on the second commit link, it shows me the diff of this commit with the previous one.

0 votes
Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2014

Hi Abhik,

maybe you can tag your last reviewed commit and make a diff via the new stash diff tool betweet this tag and the current branch state.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events