Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate PageContext for rendering

Ben Duffin June 20, 2013

I am working on integrating our Confluence content into a custom search index. To facilitate this, I am listening for various events (e.g. PageCreateEvent)- when the listener method fires off, I need to render the page content and put it into a custom table. Later, this table's contents will be pulled into the search index. I'm spring injecting the wikiStyleRenderer into my manager. I then call wikiStyleRenderer.convertWikiToXHtml to get the rendered content.

An issue I'm encountering is the rendering of attached images on the page. The markup

!test.png|border=1!

is rendered as:

<span class="error">Unable to render embedded object: File (test.png) not found.</span>

The convertWikiToXHtml method needs a RenderContext, which I get from contentEntityObject.toPageContext(). I bet that this RenderContext needs to be passed a value from which it can retrieve the image attachment. I set the attachment path on the renderContext via this code:

renderContext.setAttachmentsPath(contentEntityObject.getAttachmentsUrlPath());

but that doesn't seem to be helping either. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Duffin June 21, 2013

Debugging the code, the attachment is found, but I don't have permission to view it. This is because the authenticated user in the ThreadLocal is null, since I spawned off a new thread for this processing via a ThreadPoolExecutor.

My PageContext is working just fine, but I need to make sure I'm performing my processing while the ThreadLocal's user is set.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events