How to populate PageContext for rendering

I am working on integrating our Confluence content into a custom search index. To facilitate this, I am listening for various events (e.g. PageCreateEvent)- when the listener method fires off, I need to render the page content and put it into a custom table. Later, this table's contents will be pulled into the search index. I'm spring injecting the wikiStyleRenderer into my manager. I then call wikiStyleRenderer.convertWikiToXHtml to get the rendered content.

An issue I'm encountering is the rendering of attached images on the page. The markup

!test.png|border=1!

is rendered as:

<span class="error">Unable to render embedded object: File (test.png) not found.</span>

The convertWikiToXHtml method needs a RenderContext, which I get from contentEntityObject.toPageContext(). I bet that this RenderContext needs to be passed a value from which it can retrieve the image attachment. I set the attachment path on the renderContext via this code:

renderContext.setAttachmentsPath(contentEntityObject.getAttachmentsUrlPath());

but that doesn't seem to be helping either. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

Debugging the code, the attachment is found, but I don't have permission to view it. This is because the authenticated user in the ThreadLocal is null, since I spawned off a new thread for this processing via a ThreadPoolExecutor.

My PageContext is working just fine, but I need to make sure I'm performing my processing while the ThreadLocal's user is set.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

104 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you