Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make 'standard' tasks not run on agents with special capabilities?

Rob Lane March 5, 2013

I have a bunch of agents set up for building and a test agent. The test agent has a Tesla card, and is the only agent tha can run tests.

Bamboo schedules build tasks to run on the test agent, which means it can't perform any tests until it has finished the build and I get a big test backlog. Is it possible to make Bamboo only schedule jobs with requirements that match the capabilities of the agent? Or will I have to add a "build-only" capability to all the build agents and add it as a requirement to all build jobs too.

Currents the build agents have no capabilities set and the build jobs have no requirements. The test jobs have a requirement that matches the test agent's capabilities.

I am moving from Jenkins to Bamboo and Jenkins had an option to "Leave this machine for tied jobs only". Is there an equivalent option in Bamboo?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Rob - try this plugin. It should be able to help you. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.edwardawebb.bamboo-group-agent

Rob Lane March 5, 2013

That looks to be just what I need, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events