Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make changelist associate with head instead of branch in Crucible (with FishEye)

Marnee DeRider June 13, 2014

We are using Crucible 3 and FishEye with Perforce.

We have a Crucible repository that references our project in Perforce (along with other projects as well). Example path: //software/source/project/java. We have many old branches in Perforce that include that path in the Perforce View. When a new change list is recognized in Crucible, it associates it to a branch.

I don't know what the Crucible search mechanism is, but it seems to be consistent. We have a branch called branch-2-0 (not its real name) and all the changelists I looked at were shown in Crucible under that branch instead of under "head". Realizing this, I removed the //software/source/project/java view from the branch-2-0. I could do this because branch-2-0 was obsolete. After that, Crucible then started associating the changelists with a branch-3-0 which also had //software/source/project/java in the view. (Just fyi, the activity for that branch shows only changelists created since I modified branch-2-0, as I would expect.)

Updating all branches that reference //software/source/project/java in the view is not a feasible way to fix this, however. Even if I knew how to search for them, I know at least one is not obsolete. In addition, new ones could be created at any time.

Is there a way to configure Crucible to simply use "head" and/or ignore all branches? I'm not sure if this is causing any functional problem. (I'm working through a variety of issues and trying to clean everything up to see if it helps, but have not identified an actual issue with this happening.) However, I do know that this behavior is spooking people, and that alone makes it worth trying to resolve this. Multiple people have contacted me while our group is ramping up on learning to use Crucible. They think they've done something wrong in creating their review (they haven't) and/or are fearful that the file "diff" won't be accurate when they see some strange branch they've never heard of. As for the latter issue (i.e. inaccurate "diff"), I am not so sure that this is a baseless fear. I'm a bit spooked myself.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Marnee,

You can configure FishEye to ignore specific paths while indexing by adding Exclude rules. Can you try this?

NOTE: the repository will need to be re-indexed from scratch after specifying Exclude rules. So as not to play around with a production repository, a suggestion is to create a new temp repository using the same configuration of the one you're talking about here and apply those Exclude rules to see if they help. Then, if yes, apply the same changes in the production repository and reindex it.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events