cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the page title?

Karina Clemente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

We are using Confluence 4.2.8 and would like to hide from users the page title to make the page look cleaner. We are using Navitabs to help with the navigation and the page title just look odd above the navitabs.

Any ideas?

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

You can use CSS again to override the default settings and make it invisible. Use Custom HTML again, Browse > Confluence Admin . Custom HTML

<style type="text/css">
h1.pagetitle {display:none;}
</style>

You can add it just after the javascript to set your drop down menu ;-)

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

and if you want rid of the page meta data (created, modified dates) as well....

<style type="text/css">
div.page-metadata ul li {display:none;}
</style>

Denise Unterwurzacher [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2012

Great suggestion! :) Because this is CSS though it's better off in the Stylesheet section of Confluence Admin, so it's easy to find later on. In there you just need to enter this line:

Like Deleted user likes this
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2022

I think I used this code in older versions. Now, in 6.13.23 it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Any idea for an updated version?
What would be the proper html element and/or CSS class that I have to grab (the equivalent to "h1.pagetitle" from the old example) ?

I tried with "h1#title-text".
That works when entered on the wiki page with the CSS macro. But when exporting the page to PDF, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2022

Update:

I now got it to work in 7.4.17 with this:

h1:first-child {  
font-size: 25pt;  
color: white; }

For me ":first-child" grabs the page title and leaves the other h1 alone and "color: white" does work, whereas "display: none" or "font-size: 0px" had no effect.

Might not help many others, but I still wanted to mention it ;-)

2 votes
Raffi Z August 3, 2015

For Confluence 5.8.5, I managed to get the following working without disabling all h1 tags:

1) Add HTML macro to bottom of page (use default settings)

2) Add html as follows:

<style type="text/css">
      #title-text { display: none;} 
   </style>

EJ Hunyadi March 13, 2019

I got it to work in the space's sytlesheet by adding:

#title-text { display: none;}
Like # people like this
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2022

Saw this too late (after my post from above). Now, tried it, doesn't work in my case for some reason ;-(

0 votes
Yanay June 13, 2019

As far as I see "Custom HTML" addon is very expensive...
Is there no built-in way to hide the title??
IMHO this should be supported by default (show/hide title)

0 votes
Nilima Kapoor March 12, 2015

We are using cloud. How can I hide the page title for few pages. We are using documentation theme.

0 votes
DebbieR March 25, 2014

Hi,

I am using the documentation theme. The only way I can hid the page title is using this code:

h1 {display:none;} !important

Trouble is when I do this, all h1's disappear throughout the site. so then I tried the following and it doesn't work at all. I'm new at Confluence, html and css, so any help appreciated! Thanks

h1.pagetitle {display:none;} !important

0 votes
Armon Tiongco June 9, 2013

Hello. Quick question, if there's a way to hide it,, is there also a way we can format it on our own preference? By default, it displays the logo and all. Is there a way to remove the logo, change the font size (to make it bigger) and implement a color scheme for this?

0 votes
Pedro Rivera October 3, 2012

Thanks youuu

Karina Clemente
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2012

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events