How to fast track an issue on creation without using scriptrunner builtin script?

I have placed the following code in the Create post-function after the "Issue Created" event is fired:

def IssueService issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService()
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def actionId = 11

IssueService.TransitionValidationResult transitionValidationResult = issueService.validateTransition(
        user,issue.id, actionId,new IssueInputParametersImpl([:])
)

if(! transitionValidationResult.errorCollection.hasAnyErrors())
{
    issueService.transition(user,transitionValidationResult)

}

However, the validateTransiton call returns the following error.

Errors: {}
Error Messages: [It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Planned) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TASKTEST-28). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details.]

Note, that all of the conditions and validators are satisfied after the issue is created.

Whereas, the above code works fine if I place it somewhere else like in a IssueUpdated event listener 

Thanks.

2 answers

Hi Roberto,

Did you check your logs for any more informative error messages ?

I would suggest to try use TransitionOptions (and skip any validators, conditions etc) during the the transition

Also did you try to use script runner's built in  Fast-track transition an issue and it failed (I see that you mention "without using sr built in script" but if with the built in script does not fail this may give us a clue) ? 

regards, Thanos

Hi Thanos, I will give a try to TransitionOptions.The script runner Fast-track transition works fine.

Regards

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

418 views 79 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you