How to call space home from a macro

Dear forum,

In a user macro, the following line gets me the home page of a space:

<a href="$space.getHomePage().getUrlPath()" class="home">

My question is, this returns the URL as /display/<space-key>/<home page title>. But in my company's docs, we have internally added an extra /wiki part to the URLs. So our URLs read as wiki/display/<space-key>/<page title>. As a result, the macro doesn't work. How can I resolve this issue please?

Thanks

4 answers

Any chance of a reply please? :)

$content.getAncestors().get(0) lets you get the most top page in a space, which is usually the homepage. However, that won't render the URL path - I'm sure you can fiddle with it so that it does.

Alternatively, you could use some jQuery to re-write the URL (but it would be better not to have to do that).

Hello,

I'm trying to use $space.getHomePage().getUrlPath() inside of a velocity template, but it doesn't seem to be parsing. I'm trying to link to the space home page from a template of a custom theme. Any ideas?

&lt;div id="logo"&gt;
    &lt;h1&gt;&lt;a href="$space.getHomePage().getUrlPath()"&gt;Home&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/h1&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;&lt;!-- /#logo --&gt;

Thanks!

If that doesn't work you could always use:

&lt;a href="$req.contextPath/display/$space.Key/"&gt;

This will cause Confluence to redirect the user to the homepage of the current space.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the prompt help! I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems the issue is that $space isn't parsing. Your latest code works with the exception of just printing out $space.Key in the template.

-Shawn

OK, my guess is that you can't use that where you're using it (e.g., in a layout) because when it is being rendered it is 'outside' of the space, as it were. This is the case with a number of other APIs.

Perhaps you could create a separate question on this site with more details about your problem so that it's separate from this one. Be sure to post a link here and I'll be sure to stop by and take a look (I don't want to hijack ashan's question).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

72 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you