How to build angular project using grunt in bitbucket pipeline?

Aravind_k_s July 21, 2016

We are using grunt to build and minify the code before we push to the server. Now we are wondering if we can build and minify code once we push it to Bitbucket using Bitbucket pipeline. Now in a way we achieved it and we are able to run grunt build command in pipeline console, but not sure where the resulting code will go and sit?

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Jeroen De Raedt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2016

Hey Aravind,

normally the 'grunt build' task would store the output in the 'build' directory. You can easily verify that this directory exists if you add the 'ls' bash command to your step definition after you executed the 'grunt build' command. 

You can also test these commands on your local computer: open a terminal and browse to your local clone directory of your repository. Then execute the commands that you specified in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file.

Aravind_k_s July 24, 2016

Thanks for your time @Jeroen De Raedt. 

I agree that grunt build task would store in build directory . But i can in no way access it. I hoped it would reflect in my Bitbucket repository, but it didn't. I think the solution for this might be to do 'grunt build task' and 'git push' to the repository from the pipeline itself. But here i am facing the challenge of giving Bitbucket password every time i do git push. And there is no way i can give password dynamically in pipeline , i wonder how this might work ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events