Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access filed value from transition screen in validation

Hersh Shafer January 8, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to check that user fill linked issue in transition screen (with additional conditions on the linked issue, so I need script runner).

How can I access the linked issue it validation?

issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.id)

and

issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.id)

don't return it because it happen before the transition is finished.

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014
Robert Poldervaart January 8, 2014

Hi Henning,

I'm still using the code that you gave me in the answer mentioned above. Thanks again! As a follow-on, how did you find the actual field/parameter names to be used in the code? If I want to use a similar method for another field, how did you find the names issuelinks-linktype and issuelinks-issues? If I remember right, viewing the page source shows me the main issue browse page, and not the transition dialog source.

Robert

linktype = request.getParameter('issuelinks-linktype')
linkedIssue = request.getParameter('issuelinks-issues')
(linktype == 'duplicates' && linkedIssue)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

It's really only links that you need to worry about. Other fields you get from the issue in the normal way. This is a jira bug/shortcoming imho, haven't got round to reporting it yet.

Hersh Shafer January 9, 2014

Robert Poldervaart,

you can enumerate all possible parameters by simple loop:

for (def entry : request.parameterMap) {
    log.info(entry.key + "=" + entry.value)
}

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

You can, and that's nice and simple (I gave you a "like") - but I wouldn't recommend getting parameters like this. The reason is you will need to do type conversion yourself - eg if the assignee, then from a string to a User object, if "affects versions", from a String[] of version IDs to a Collection of Version objects. I don't think it will take you to a happy place.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events