How do you copy a template

We currently have Confluence 3.4.9. We are considering upgrading to Confluence 4.x or 5.x when it is available.

We have a lot of live templates using the CustomWare scaffolding and reporting plugins that are quite complex. Previously they have been developed with wiki markup and copied into various wiki spaces where I have space admin access by copying the wiki markup.

With 4.x and above and the elimination of the wiki markup editor I don't see how I can copy a template from one space to another.

Is there a way to:

- access wiki markup for copying the template

- copying a template from one wiki space to another

- importing a page into a wiki space as a template with space admin access

without this capability, the attraction to upgrade actually loses functionality. Manually recreating the templates in multiple wiki spaces is not an option as they are complex enough to make manual replication problematic.

Please give some guidance on this issue as it affects our ability to upgrade.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

You should be able to just select all, copy, and paste with the new editor. If you really want to retain the wiki markup, you can use the Wiki Plugin for Confluence

Thanks Bob,

It should have been obvious, but it wasn't. When viewing page source a CTRL-A selected all and then CTRL-C to capture and then CTRL-V to paste into a template.

Hi Chuck,

Our Add-on Page Tree Creator works a bit different than the Confluence templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages. So copy a template is a very easy task.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for t...

142 views 8 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you